Transitions



 Around the Fall Equinox I went to a really juicy yoga class themed Transitions (thanks Michelle). This class set the tone for my fall. 
What happens in the body, mind, and breath between extended mountain and forward fold?
Do we move to the next pose, the next phase, the next place, completely unaware of how we got there?
What happens in the space between the end and the beginning?
What happens to the middle, the place of in-between, the place of not yet landed?
What happens to the space?

One of my favorite things to go for a drive to see the fall colors, so just drive and soak it in. Or hike and hear the leaves crunch under my toes.



I love fall. I love pumpkin everything.
I love the cool mornings, hot drinks, the fog, the fire.
The going inside. Mentally. Emotionally. Physically.

But so often I am focused on getting there, that I miss the whole drive, I miss the whole experience.
Getting to the next milestone of my kido, getting to the next phase in my life where I will be more rested, getting somewhere, maybe anywhere but here.

This fall has been a lot of waiting and anticipating, and more waiting.

We are moving, that I know. Or at least I am 90% sure.
My husband got a new job, a great opportunity for our family.

And I love adventure! I have always said I would follow my husband anywhere. But I also love planning and over analyzing. I hate uncertainty, and frankly I never really liked being the middle child. I much prefer clear beginnings and ends.

I prefer to be there or here, or not floating in space.

But sometimes life does not let teleport, sometime you have to journey the journey. Sometimes you have to walk slowly.

And that has been the greatest gift given to me this fall- Slowness

I get to wait. I get to wait till we sell our current house. I get to wait till the sellers of our new house feel like responding. I get to be lost in limbo. I get to be nether there nor here.

And in the waiting, In the middle, In the space in-between, In the uncertainty there is a stillness - if we let it happen. If we can accept. If we can surrender the plan.

And in the stillness the miracle happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life has got to get better than this: Reflections on what I really want

When Things Fall Apart

Edgework. Seattle