Equinox in equilibrium


I just got out of a yoga class and the words that describe my experience and sensation was equilibrium, that I felt balanced in the body, heart, and mind. And I thought how rare it is that I actually feel this present. 

We are constantly searching for equilibrium. Such as, I didn't sleep well the night before so I ate a whole bar of chocolate (by 9 am) or maybe I didn't sleep well so I drank a whole pot of coffee. Or maybe those emotions are hard too feel, so I won't feel anything.

We are consistently looking to feel okay.

In our society it feels like we avoid the darkness, that we rather not dabble in it, that we rather spend all of our time in the light. Or at least we would love our Facebook and Instagram to look like we are light.

But we need both the darkness and light to feel balanced. 

And the best part about being willing to stumble in the darkness is that not only do we get to go inside and know ourselves better, but we get to trust ourselves
To really trust ourselves 
To Find our Compass
To Find that you can in fact stumble and be okay.
And maybe even to find out that we can be our own light.

So in the fall, in the equinox, in the golden leaves and in the dying leaves we are reminded that it's okay to go inside. It's okay to walk in the dark. 

It's's okay to let go.
Of our need to be light, to be seen as light.

And we get to nourish ourselves with all that we have sown from the summer light and embrace the balance.

Happy equinox

May you feel balanced
May you feel whole 
May you to embrace the darkness and the light


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life has got to get better than this: Reflections on what I really want

When Things Fall Apart

Edgework. Seattle